Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Almost blogging

It's pathetic - I know... almost blogging... one of my very good friends (yes, that's you my dear) persuaded me to brush off about 6 months worth of non-blogging dust from my keyboard and write this... well not this - just to write something...

I'll try not to sound all conceited when I say I've been asked to update my blog by several people (ok - you got me - exactly 2 people) - to be perfectly honest, I did almost write a few posts - about Delhi-6 (first day, first show), about Breakfast at Tiffany's (yet another unexpected arrival from my Netflix list), about my sudden return to roots on music (more on just this, a little later), about Dream for an Insomniac (this time, a deliberate bump to the top of my NetFlix list) and my new fave on TV - The Big Bang Theory.

But it took a nudge from this very talented friend of mine - alright alright, I am basking in her light here, but we're friends all the same :D, to write this post. You, my dear, have more talent in your little finger, than a lot of people have all over - so go out there and make it happen... Like I said, you have waaaaay too much talent to be left alone :)

About a week back, as usual, my ipod was playing away and landed on Alaipaayuthe Kanna from Alaipayuthe, of course, and let me just say here, for the record - this is one of those (classical- film-) songs that makes my heart soar every time I hear/sing it - others being Nila kaaygirathu from Indira, Kanda naal muthalaai from Kanda naal muthal etc.

Its been a while since I let music move me like that and I realize I quite miss that - oh and let me throw in a little geek here - listening to songs you like actually improves blood flow to the heart etc (cross my heart - this is from a BBC article) - so it literally is good for you...

So, go out there, plug in and listen to the stuff that makes you wanna break into song - even stuff like this - which, since I first saw it in December last, makes me sing along everytime...

Oh and in other news, I'm back to Jane Austen - this time, its Persuasion...

Till next time then... (wanders away humming... @ 1 AM no less!)

No comments: