Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hitting all the right notes....

I'm gonna write about music for a change... Happened to hear songs from Kismat Konnection - which is set to release on July 18 ... the first song I heard was Bakhuda tumhi ho ... featuring one of my fave singers... Atif Aslam...

I think he's one of the best things to happen to Hindi film music.... I've loved his tracks from Woh Lamhe(Zeher) to Pehli Nazar Mein(Race)...

His voice is so soulful - let me pause a moment here to melt ... he always seems to sing from his core... the end result is almost always, a full-throated, powerful rendition... and the kind of songs he is given are also like that... ballads, in every possible sense of the word...

And at the risk of sounding like a love sick puppy, Pehli Nazar mein turns me into mush.... Don't look at me in that tone of voice - I can't help it... the lyrics, his voice, the beats, his voice ...

And Bakhuda is along the same lines... and the fact that it is picturized upon Shahid Kapoor, another guy who makes me melt (ok.. after Clooney & Pitt & Damon & Boreanaz etc etc) - well, the combination is good... I am gonna stop gushing now...

Back to music.. so ok, Pritam copies most of his tracks - I know that... some of them are good anyway... Kismat Konnection is full of upbeat, peppy tracks - that's exactly the kind of music I like - enough energy in them to keep me going... I would recommend atleast one listen to all the tracks...

And like in Jab We Met (another fave of mine) & Race - he's given the right tracks to the right folks - Mohit Chauhan in JWM & Atif in Race were brilliant - this album (Kismat..) has them both! Mohit is on Kahin na lage and Atif is on Bakhuda...

I must mention here - two other guys who I think are godsends to the newer hindi films... KK & Shaan - they make me melt too - maybe not as much as Atif, still...

Anyways, this album is growing on me... gonna give it another listen... did I mention that Pritam has remixed all the tracks on Kismat... maybe he feels his albums are incomplete without the remixes... anyways, back to my ipod... ciao!!

No comments: